Tuesday, September 7, 2010

0 Let's Move!

From LetsMove.gov:

"In the end, as First Lady, this isn’t just a policy issue for me. This is a passion.
This is my mission. I am determined to work with folks across this country to change the way a generation of kids thinks about food and nutrition."
- First Lady Michelle Obama


Two of my passions are Community Service, and eating healthy, delicious meals with friends and family. In college I was a brother in Alpha Phi Omega, a service fraternity that helped me grow into the person I am today through giving back to the community on a regular basis. I'm also a strong believer that eating healthy dinners and meals with those you love not only helps you grow closer together, but gives a family memories tied to food they've had together. That's why I really appreciate what the current first lady is campaigning to do, and that's help end childhood obesity by giving kids and their families the tools to be healthy.

I've joined Let's Move! Meetups to try to help and do my part in the community that I live in, Vienna, Virginia. As of now I'm the only one at my event, so any interested in joining, please join here because I need all the help I can get coming up with ideas and advertising for the event.

More info on Let's Move and links to other potential Virginia "Let's Move" events below the jump. Thanks to anyone who wants to help!



From LetsMove.gov, the four pillars of Let's Move! are:
1. empowering parents and caregivers
2. providing healthy food in schools
3. improving access to healthy, affordable food
4. increasing physical activity. 


Vienna, VA (TBD)
Washington DC (Oct 16)
Washington DC (TBD)
Charlottesville, VA (TBD)
Yorktown, VA (TBD)
Richmond, VA (TBD)

No comments:

Post a Comment