Tuesday, November 16, 2010

0 Pork Loin Roast

So I've cooked pork many different ways in recent memory: pulled pork, pork chops, tenderloin, etc. However, something that I don't cook very often is a pork loin  roast. This is partly because of how much longer it takes then a tenderloin or chops on a weekday, and also because I typically cook only for one person.

Therefore, I decided to take a chance and make a pork loin roast for dinner this week. I pretty much followed this recipe exactly, and it turned out really well. One big difference between my cooking and the recipe though is that I don't have a roasting pan. Under the cut is my cheap and easy trick for those like me without a roasting pan. Enjoy!




What you should do if you don't have a roasting pan is take any baking pan that is at least an inch deep. Line the pan with aluminum foil (to make clean up easy). Then take another foot of aluminum foil, and roll the sheet up into a tube, and then coil it. By then placing the coil into the pan, you essentially create a place for the roast to cook in the pan where its not touching the bottom. The image below will help illustrate. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment