Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1 Top 5 Recipes of 2010

In the past week I've seen other bloggers post Top 5 lists on their own blogs, and since I posted almost 50 recipes this past year, I felt it was only fitting for me to share my 5 favorite recipes of 2010.

5. Gluten-Free Chocolate Cream Pie - I created this recipe as a modernization of one of my childhood favorite desserts. Also, I personally have a bad habit of eating too much dessert, especially if I enjoy it. Therefore, my single serving chocolate pie cups were born. Link to recipe: here.
4. Gluten-Free Chocolate Ganache Cake - Chocolate is a wonderful thing. It may be why it ties with citrus as one of my favorite flavors in a dessert (any browse of this blog would prove that). Since going gluten-free, cupcakes and cakes have become virtually extinct from my diet, for better or worse. With September as a month of birthdays in my circle of friends, I decided that I had to create a gluten-free cake I could share with friends. This cake was a huge hit with friends. Link to recipe: here.

3. Sirloin Steak with Bacon Balsamic Sauce - Top sirloin and tenderloin may be my favorite protein to consume. Therefore, when given the combination of a perfectly cooked sirloin steak, crispy, salty bacon, and sweet, tangy balsamic, there's no way this recipe could miss my top 5. Link to recipe: here.
2. Gluten-Free Pancakes - I have many fond memories associating pancakes with my grandparents while growing up. Every Sunday my family would visit them, and my grandfather would cook a pancake breakfast; and not just any old pancakes, but amazingly light and fluffy ones. So needless to say, I was so excited when I finally discovered how to create a gluten-free pancake mix that would give me pancakes so close to the beloved pancakes in my memories. Link to recipe: here.
1. Gluten-Free Lime Pie - So I may be a little biased choosing this as my number 1, but I made one of these earlier this week and it was just plain awesome. The crispy graham cracker crust, the creamy, citrus-y custard, and a dollop of whipped cream make this any citrus lover's dream come true. Recipe linked here.

Alas, there is my Top 5 Recipes of 2010. Do you agree/disagree with my list? What are some of your favorite recipes that I've posted in the past year? I'd love to know, so please share your thoughts and comment on this post. Happy Humpday to all!

1 comment:

  1. I think the raspberry steak was your best recipe of 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete