Tuesday, March 22, 2011

0 Gluten Free Product Review: Gluten Free Bistro Pizza Crusts


This past weekend I received the chance to try some gluten free pizza crusts from The Gluten Free Bistro, and wanted to share my experiences with you guys!

The Gluten Free Bistro is a company based out of Boulder, CO. They strive to provide healthy, delicious food that those eating a gluten or gluten-free diet can enjoy. Online you can purchase either their pizza crusts, pasta, or gluten free flour.

The pizza crusts are hand made and parbaked before being delivered. For those who don't know, the process of parbaking partially bakes the crust until it reaches its desired form and structure, and then flash frozen to halt the baking process. This allows for the crust to be cooked the rest of the way at the destination where it achieves the desired texture.

The crusts can be stored in the freezer until time to bake. Preheat the oven to 400F, top the crusts with desired toppings, and bake for 13-15 minutes. The crusts consist of a variety of flours, and achieves a unique flavor and texture. I topped my first pizza with mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic salt, and pepper. I loved the taste and texture of the crusts after baking the pizza. The crust is baked thin enough to where the edges grow crisp like you would expect other pizza crusts to become. One of my roommates tried some slices of the pizza, and fell in love with it as well.

I totally recommend their gluten free pizza dough, its one of my favorite gluten free pizza doughs I've come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment