Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3 Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream


My roommates and I grow some mint in our backyard garden, so we wanted make our own homemade chocolate chip mint ice cream! With an ice cream maker it only takes about 30 minutes! I hope you enjoy this recipe!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
1/4 cup whole milk
3 tablespoon mint leaves, diced
3/4 cup whole mik, well chilled
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped

Steps
1. Pour the 1/4 cup milk and mint into a cup, and microwave for 30 seconds. Let the mint seep for 10 minutes while the mint oil infuses the milk.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, mint, and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla until well blended.
4. Pour into an ice cream mixer and chill according to manufacturer's directions.
5. Serve with mint leaves, and enjoy!


This post has been shared with Sweets for a Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Yum, that would so hit the spot on a hot day like today. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I would love it if you'd come by and link your ice cream up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look amazing and delicious, I love Ice cream! gloria

    ReplyDelete