Wednesday, July 27, 2011

1 Gluten Free Gooey Fudge Brownies


Let me start this post with saying that I haven't had brownies in a very long time. Since becoming gluten free (which happened a good 2 years ago) the only other time I've had brownies were some Smores Brownies. So needless to say I was excited to make some tasty brownies.

I feel like brownies can be rather personal, everyone has a type of brownie that they prefer over all others. There can be a wide variety of flavors (chocolate, blondie, peanut butter, etc) but have two distinct textures, cake-like and gooey. For me, gooey fudge brownies beat all others. I hope you all enjoy this recipe like my roommate, who begged me for the recipe before posting it so he could make some more!
Also, does anyone else ever feel like they could eat an entire bowl of brownie batter or cookie dough? Mmmmmm...

Serves: 18-24, depending on how large you cut them
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes


Ingredients

1/3 cup white rice flour
1/6 cup almond flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/2 tsp xantham gum

1 cup butter
4 oz 63% dark chocolate
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract


Steps
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 6x10 rectangular pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flours and the gum.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate, and sugar over low heat. Stir constantly until well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
4. Remove the chocolate from the heat, and use your finger to test the temperature of the it. The chocolate needs to be warm, not hot. If the chocolate is too hot, you'll end up with scrambled eggs in your brownies, which we definitely don't want. When the chocolate is warm, beat in each egg, one by one until well combined.
5. Slowly add the flour mix to the chocolate until well combined. Stir the vanilla into the the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the pan, and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.








I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did!

1 comment: