Saturday, August 3, 2013

0 Food Tip of the Week: Poaching


Hey everyone! Check out my video above for some tips on how to poach. In the video I poach peaches, but you can poach any food that is tender such as fish or food that dry out easily such as poultry. For fruits I like to use white wine and vanilla, white wine and butter for fish, and stock seasoned with herbs and butter for chicken. (I'll post a separate recipe for chicken later in the month.)

For the poached peaches above, I use about 3-4 ripe peaches. Add a bottle of white wine and tablespoon of vanilla to the pan, and heat it over medium heat. Once the wine is hot, add pitted peaches to the pan, skin side up. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, flip, and cook for another 10.

For a super delicious way of serving the peaches, boil the poaching liquid until its reduced  between 1/2 and 1/4 the original amount, and drizzle it over the peaches and some vanilla ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment